Order processing time is slightly longer in February 2024. PLEASE CLICK THIS ANNOUNCEMENT FOR MORE INFORMATION!
AMG GEP Optimizer 6500 Long Block
Meet Quadstar's version of the Optimizer 6500, the latest revision of the 6.5L diesel that is still in production today! It features a 506 block design with piston squirters, like a GM casting, except it is cast with an improved metallurgy. The heads have induction hardened seats and opened cooling passages between the valves to address all the issues GM engines traditionally had.
Why buy from Quadstar?
- FORGED steel crankshaft, adopted from the P400 - STANDARD
- LATEST GEP head castings with improved cooling passages around the valves - STANDARD
- Less lead time!
- We have local stock and rolling backorders to keep these moving out
- Pickup from our main location in PA or the factory in Ohio can be arranged
- Easy payment options. Financing Available!
- We can bundle every part you need to complete your build
We'll talk you though it. Please get in touch and we'll reach out.
The cylinder heads and block are Dalton Foundry, USA.
No core or core fees required! These are 100% new direct from the USA factory down to every single component and bolt.
*Specify correct configuration when ordering. The intake bolt angle in the cylinder heads is a key difference between options and whether the engine is for a GM truck, Van, or H1 Hummer.
- Turbo engines have DIAMOND pre-chambers in the heads
- Non-Turbo engines have SQUARE pre-chambers in the heads
**Your payment method will be authorized when ordering but not be cleared immediately. We will contact you before clearing payment to ensure your order is correct. Credit card or financing will have convenience fees added due to the high cost of processing fees but is no issue otherwise.
AMG = AM General
GEP = General Engine Products. A subsidiary of AM General