ARP Main Stud Kit
Our exclusive ARP 8740 chromoly steel main stud kits! We highly recommend these for any 6.2L or 6.5L diesel build to address the main web cracking issues. If we won't build one without them, you shouldn't either! Made in the USA with a 190,000 psi tensile-strength rating. They are precision centerless-ground and thread-rolled to Mil-S-8879 specs, with a black oxide finish for corrosion resistance.
The kits come complete with hardened washers and high-strength 12pt hex nuts. They do not come with a "girdle" because we have no proof that tying the caps together will benefit you in any way on top of using the studs alone. However, you can fit one to them, if desired, since they have enough thread protrusion for it.
Two styles are available due to variations in block designs. Please select the one you need before adding to the cart and message us with any questions before-hand:
- Each kit includes ARP Ultra Torque moly lube, 20 ARP studs, 20 ARP nuts and 20 ARP washers for complete main cap coverage!
- 1997 & Earlier GM #599, #141, etc. with 12mm outer main fasteners
- Compatible with 6.2 and 6.5 blocks
- 1997.5 & Later GM #506 with 10mm outer main fasteners
- Our kit is the only one that provides complete main stud coverage for the GM 506 blocks!